Saturday 1 November 2014

Tweet No More?

Serena Kok Ee Ling
B1301532



Twitter is an online social networking service. “Tweets” are 140-character messages that users are able to “tweet” out and read. Registered users can read and post tweets, however, unregistered users can only read them. Users access Twitter through the website interface, SMS, or mobile device app.




Back in 2008, I jumped into Twitter’s bandwagon. I created an account of my own, followed my school mates, celebrities and others like fan pages and the news. Twitter was the place of conversation between my friends and I. I would also tweet out my thoughts, what I was doing, where I was going, retweet inspirational or humor quotes and joined in the “hashtag movement”. I was obsessed with Twitter. I have spent most of my teen years tweeting my little fingers off and constantly checking my Twitter feed. 




I love the whole idea of Twitter. I very much prefer Twitter than Facebook (gasp). I like the fact that you are only able to tweet out 140 character messages which looks much cleaner on screen, no more clutter! 




“The experience on Twitter today is the same experience people have always had on Twitter”



But as of lately, I have not been on Twitter. I can go though weeks without clicking on that Twitter app. I have no idea why but I guess I grew out of it. From time to time I would use Twitter to read the latest news. Maybe one day I would get back to the groove of it but as of right now, I’m putting Twitter on hold.




Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment